Fred W. Symmes Chapel (also known as “Pretty Place” because of its amazing view) is one of the many buildings that make up YMCA Camp Greenville. It was given by Mr. Fred W. Symmes for the enjoyment of the boys and girls who camp here each summer and is the spiritual center of the camp.
The current chapel was constructed in 1941 with several additions and improvements made in subsequent years including major upgrades made in 2012.
The Chapel is located on private property owned by the YMCA Camp Greenville (a branch of the YMCA of Greenville, SC). Camp Greenville has been in existence since 1912 and covers 1400 acres. It is a year-round operation serving as a Summer Camp, Environmental Education Center, Group & Conference Center, and wedding venue.
*For Canvas Gallery Wraps of this image please visit: http://www.tinyurl.com/RandallSanger